So I'm having quite the difficulty with the Google Gadget that I'm supposed to build. It should be New! Exciting!! Innovative!!! But really, let's talk frankly among us girls, it will display only minor convenience.
My first thought was to try and bridge that gap between flight delays as reported by the flight-tracking sites and the weather reports to create a flight-delay-prognosticator of sorts. Now granted, the future-prediction would be greatly limited as weather is only one piece to the mess that is our air transportation system, but in my recent experience (summertime in the NE and Midwest), thunderstorms can really wreck your plans... and I am SICK of delays while fetching the spouse from the airport.
Is that idea New! ? How about Exciting!! ? Innovative!!! ? Eh.
And can I actually accomplish it? That is perhaps the bigger question, as I am conceptually on-board with this AJAX stuff, but the actual implementation of it is... well... a bridge too far most days.
Wish me luck. Only a very short time until its due, so I'll either get it done by hook/crook/magic, or will be found engaged in distressing discussions with Dr. Lumley begging for compassion.
Google's Attempt to Take Over - Recreate Email
17 years ago
1 comment:
I too find the building of Gadgets Distressing. Yes, I do like to use them but I do not necessarily like to build them.
Post a Comment